CM Yogi Adityanath Orders Closure of Tanneries in Kanpur for Allahabad Kumbh 2019
Orders have been issued to ensure that Ganga is not polluted in any form from Garhmukteshwar to Kashi. The CM’s order means that all the 264 tanneries in Kanpur will be closed during the period of the Kumbh.
Yogi Adityanath (Image: News18 Creative)
Lucknow: Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath has ordered closure of all the tanneries in Kanpur from December 15, 2018 to March 15, 2019 in order to keep the river Ganga clean during the Kumbh in Allahabad.
Orders have also been issued to ensure that Ganga is not polluted in any form from Garhmukteshwar to Kashi. The CM’s order means that all the 264 tanneries in Kanpur will be closed during the period of the Kumbh.
Taj Alam, president of UP Leather Industries Association, said that this was the first time that tanneries have been asked to close during Kumbh. “Previously, during Kumbhs tanneries were told to shut the wet operations four to five days before every shahi snan. Shutting down for three months would result in losses. What about the people who are employed in the tanneries and what happens to export orders?” said Alam.
He said the leather industry in Kanpur exports goods of around Rs 6,000 crore while the domestic industry also amounts to nearly the same figure. “On one hand Centre asks us to increase our exports but on the other hand the state government orders to shut down tanneries for three months,” he added.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows
- ICC Have Run Out of Patience With Zimbabwe Cricket: Grant Flower
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain