Congress Announces List of 40 Candidates for Mizoram Polls
The Central Election Committee of the Congress selected the candidates and the party's general secretary in-charge of the CEC, Mukul Wasnik, made the announcement.
Picture for representation.
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday announced the names of all its candidates for the November 28 Assembly polls in Mizoram, where Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla will contest from two constituencies.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the Congress selected the candidates and the party's general secretary in-charge of the CEC, Mukul Wasnik, made the announcement.
Lal Thanhawla will contest from the Champhai South (ST) and Serchhip (ST) seats - both reserved for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category.
Mizoram is the only north-eastern state and among the few states in the country currently under the Congress rule. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is seeking to oust the Congress from Mizoram.
The nomination-filing process will start on November 2 in the north-eastern state and the last date for filing papers is November 9.
The 40-member Mizoram Assembly will go to the polls on November 28 and the results will be announced on December.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test