Assam BJP MP Compares Nehru-Gandhi With Garbage, Congress Demands His Arrest
"The Congress has pushed the Nehru-Gandhi garbage into the minds of people over the years and there is now no space for any other theory," said the Lok Sabha member from Jorhat Kamakhya Prasad Tasa.
File photo of Kamakhya Prasad Tasa, Lok Sabha member from Jorhat (Photo: Facebook)
Guwahati: A BJP MP from Assam came under attack on Sunday for comparing the Nehru-Gandhi family with garbage.
"The Congress has pushed the Nehru-Gandhi garbage into the minds of people over the years and there is now no space for any other theory," the Lok Sabha member from Jorhat Kamakhya Prasad Tasa said on Saturday at a public rally at Sonari in Sivsagar district.
The Congress demanded the MP's arrest. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was seated on the podium where Tasa was speaking.
The Congress in Assam staged state-wide protests on Sunday in protest against the MP and lodged a FIR in a Guwahati police station.
"The MP ... described Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi as garbage. Therefore, we seek his immediate arrest and prosecution under the Indian Penal Code (IPC)," read the FIR.
"Comparing Jawaharlal Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi with garbage is an unpardonable offence and we demand his immediate arrest for the crime he has committed," said Assam Congress leader Ripun Bora.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- Shibani Dandekar Shares Loved up Pic with Farhan Akhtar to Mark 2 Years of Dating
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- MGM Hotels Sued Over Data Breach that Affected Millions of Celebs, CEOs