Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi to Participate in Party's Gandhi Jayanti Padyatra
The march will begin from the Delhi Congress office at DDU Marg at 9.30 am on Wednesday and conclude at Rajghat.
File photo of Sonia Gandhi. (Reuters)
New Delhi: The Congress will celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by taking out a 'padyatra' from the party's Delhi unit office to the Rajghat memorial on Wednesday, in which party president Sonia Gandhi and other senior leaders will participate.
The march will begin from the Delhi Congress office at DDU Marg at 9.30 am on Wednesday and conclude at Rajghat, where party president Sonia Gandhi will administer an oath to party leaders and workers, Delhi Congress spokesperson Jitender Kochar said.
"Besides Sonia Gandhi, many senior Congress leaders will take part in the padyatra to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi," Kochar said.
According to a senior party leader, former Congress president Rahul Gandhi is likely to participate in a 'padyatra' to be taken out from Gandhi Ashram in Sabarmati.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Koena Mitra Accuses Salman Khan of Defending Wrong People
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz