Congress Clears 26 More LS Candidates; Fields Sanjay Nirupam from North West Mumbai
The announcement of Sanjay Nirupam's candidature came on a day he was removed as the Mumbai Regional Congress Committee chief. Former Union minister Milind Deora replaced Nirupam as MRCC chief.
Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam. (File photo)
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday fielded Sanjay Nirupam from the North West Mumbai as it released its tenth list, clearing 26 names for the Lok Sabha elections.
The announcement of Nirupam's candidature came on a day he was removed as the Mumbai Regional Congress Committee chief (MRCC). Former Union minister Milind Deora replaced Nirupam as MRCC chief.
Out of the 26 candidates announced by the party on Monday, 25 were for West Bengal.
Mohammad Alam from Barrackpore, Mita Chakraborty from Kolkata Dakshin, Suvra Ghosh from Howrah, and Pratul Saha from Hooghly were among those named in the list.
With this, the party has announced a total of 253 candidates so far.
The Congress also named four candidates for assembly polls in Odisha.
Biren Senapati replaced Muktikant Biswal from the Rourkela assembly constituency in Odisha, while Shambunath Panigrahi replaced Ram Krishna Panda from the Hinjili assembly seat.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year