Congress Condemns Modi Govt's 'Stubborn' Behaviour Towards Kashmir
The Congress on Saturday condemned the "stubborn" behaviour of the Narendra Modi government of not holding talks with stakeholders in Jammu and Kashmir to help normalise the situation there.
Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad. (PTI)
New Delhi: The Congress on Saturday condemned the "stubborn" behaviour of the Narendra Modi government of not holding talks with stakeholders in Jammu and Kashmir to help normalise the situation there.
Senior Congress spokesperson Ghulam Nabi Azad welcomed the Supreme Court's observation that government should hold talks to resolve the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The government is adopting a stubborn attitude with regard to holding talks," he told reporters.
"I welcome the suggestion of the Supreme Court chief justice's and two other judges for holding talks. I also condemn the government's stubborn attitude," he said.
Azad claimed that the BJP lured the people of the state by giving them false hopes and making promises to the effect that they will resolve all pending issues from the last 70 years.
"The reality is that the BJP wants to muzzle the people of Jammu and Kashmir only with bullets and guns and is not interested in holding any talks," he alleged.
The government had yesterday told the apex court that it was ready to talk to recognised political parties in the state to resolve the crisis there but not with the separatists.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Gives Special Gift to Pune Groundsmen After CSK's Last 'Home' Game
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package
- 13 Reason Why Season 2 is a Kind Closure for the Series' Fans
- Samsung Galaxy J6 First Impressions Review: Samsung's Premium Features in a Budget
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Drives Jaguar E-Type Zero to Reception [Video]