'Congress Guarantee of Pluralism & Secularism': DMK Chief Stalin Hails Sonia's Re-election as CPP Leader
The leader of the Dravidian party said that no power can remove the Congress party's excellent work from the good hearts of Indian citizens.
File photo of DMK's working president M K Stalin.
Chennai: DMK president MK Stalin on Sunday greeted United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi on her election as leader of the Congress Parliamentary Party.
"I extend my hearty greetings to respected Annai (mother) Sonia Gandhi," he said in a Facebook post.
Congress leaders in Tamil Nadu usually refer to Gandhi as "Annai Sonia" as a mark of respect.
Stalin said "no power" can remove the Congress party's excellent work from the good hearts of the Indian people.
The Dravidian party chief said Congress was the "permanent guarantee for pluralism, secularism, social justice and equality enshrined in the Constitution".
Also, the poor, middle-class and marginalised sections reposed their faith on Congress party, he said.
Gandhi was elected leader of the Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) on Saturday in Delhi. Former prime minister Manmohan Singh proposed her name and it was unanimously endorsed by all party MPs.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nick Dancing His Heart Out with Priyanka on Ayushmann's Radhe Radhe Goes Viral
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring