Congress Leader Accuses Ajay Maken, Shobha Oza of Harassment
Ahead of the MCD polls in Delhi, infighting in the Congress over ticket distribution has now reached the Tughlaq Road police station.
File Image of Congress Delhi Chief Ajay Maken (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Ahead of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi election, infighting in the Congress over ticket distribution has now reached the Tughlaq Road police station.
Rachna Sachdeva, the Babarpur district president of Mahila Congress, has filed a complaint with the police accusing Delhi Congress unit chief Ajay Maken, All India Mahila Congress president Shobha Oza and pradesh Congress leader Neeta D’Souza of mental harassment, criminal intimidation and threat to life.
In her complaint, Sachdeva alleges that fed up with Maken demanding hefty sums of money through his cohorts for tickets in the MCD polls, she and 100-odd supporters protested outside Rahul Gandhi’s residence.
Rahul after listening to them asked her to return with proof the next day. When she returned with proof, Maken allegedly asked for her mobile number and told her "will see you after elections".
Sachdeva further alleged that when she tried to return to the Akbar Road office, she was threatened by Oza and D’Souza.
"The complainant was repeatedly abused and threatened, she was subjected to mental harassment," the complaint said.
"I have been tortured by Shobha Oza and D'Souza. I was fighting for the women who deserved tickets and not for my own ticket. Wives of leaders have got tickets," Rachna told CNN-News 18.
Oza refuted the allegations saying that they are baseless."There is a system of giving tickets. We are satisfied with the ticket distribution process and it was very transparent. Let there be an investigation," she said.
Recommended For You
- Mamma, Give Me a Break, Says Priyanka Chopra When Madhu Chopra Asked Her About Pregnancy Rumours
- Old Fake Video of SRK Donating Money to Pakistan is Viral. Twitter Responds With #StopFakeNewsAgainstSRK
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Compact SUV Clocks Record 4 Lakh Sales in 3 Years
- Man Chants Anti-Pakistan Slogans to Sell Shoes in Aftermath of Pulwama Attack
- Why Crown Prince MBS’s Visit is Significant For India's Interests in Afghanistan: World in Flux
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s