Congress Leader Jairam Ramesh to visit Mumbai for Saving City's Aarey Forest
Former Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam told that Ramesh has extended his support to citizens opposing axing of a large number of trees in the sprawling green belt for the metro car shed project.
File photo of Jairam Ramesh. (Image: Reuters)
Mumbai: Former Union environment minister and Congress leader Jairam Ramesh will visit the Aarey forest area here on Tuesday and meet activists opposing chopping of trees in the area for the metro car shed project.
Former Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam told PTI that Ramesh has extended his support to citizens opposing axing of a large number of trees in the sprawling green belt for the metro car shed project.
Ramesh, a Rajya Sabha member, earlier this month asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and civic authorities to find alternate solutions for the metro car shed and preserve Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon, a major green lung of the metropolis.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria