Congress MLAs Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala Resign from Gujarat Assembly After Voting in Rajya Sabha Bypoll
The BJP has fielded External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and OBC leader Juglagi Thakor, the Congress has nominated Chandrika Chudasama and Gaurav Pandya in the bypolls to the two Rajya Sabha seats.
File photo of Congress MLA Alpesh Thakor. (PTI Photo)
Ahmedabad: Congress MLAs Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala resigned from the Gujarat Assembly, apparently after voting against the party candidates in the Rajya Sabha bypoll Friday.
Voting for the bypolls to the two Rajya Sabha seats in Gujarat began at the Assembly complex in Gandhinagar this morning.
While the BJP has fielded External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and OBC leader Juglaji Thakor, the Congress has nominated Chandrika Chudasama and Gaurav Pandya.
"I have cast my vote for honest national leadership that wants to take the country to new heights. I cast vote as per my inner voice," Thakor said after quitting the Assembly.
"I got nothing other than mental stress being in Congress. I am free from that burden," the OBC leader said.
Recommended For You
- The 'Typewriter' Quiz: With Sujoy Ghosh And Purab Kohli Ahead Of Netflix Release
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- MH370 Disappearance: Mysterious 90 Kg Load Added to Cargo List After Takeoff