Congress MP Cites Lord Ram to Defend Tripe Talaq, Apologises After Controversy
Apologising for his remark, Hussain Dalwai said, "Whatever remark I made was wrong and I have apologise. I didn't want to hurt anybody's sentiment. It was being intentionally politicised."
File photo of Congress leader Hussain Dalwai
New Delhi: Congress Member of Parliament Hussain Dalwai on Friday sparked a controversy by defending triple talaq, saying that even Lord Ram doubted Sita and abandoned her, but he later apologised for his remark.
The Congress party has, however, distanced itself from his remark, saying once he has clarified on his statement, there is no point in making a comment on it.
Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera said: "Such statements have been made by many people earlier. Very serious remarks were made. Few days ago, Uttar Pardesh Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma had said that Mata Sita was a 'test-tube baby'.
"Even Union Minister Mahesh Sharma had said in Parliament that Mata Sita was a fictional character. Such statements should not be made by anyone."
Apologising for his remark, Dalwai said: "Whatever remark I made was wrong and I have apologise. I didn't want to hurt anybody's sentiment. It was being intentionally politicised."
Recommended For You
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s