Congress, Other UPA Parties to Move Censure Motion in Lok Sabha Against Pragya Thakur: Report
The Congress is spearheading the motion that seeks to censure her for her 'unwarranted remarks' on Godse and against the party.
File photo of BJP MP Pragya Thakur in Lok Sabha,
New Delhi: The Congress and other constituents of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) are set to move a censure motion in the Lok Sabha against BJP MP Pragya Thakur for her remarks on Mahatma Gandhi's assassin Nathuram Godse, sources said on Thursday.
The Congress is spearheading the motion that seeks to censure her for her "unwarranted remarks" on Godse and against the party, the sources said.
Congress MPs and Lok Sabha MPs of other UPA constituents including the DMK, NCP, RJD, IUML and some other parties are being procured to move the motion before Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Housefull 4 to Marjaavaan: Dullest Films of 2019 that Made Us Regret Buying Tickets
- Shweta Basu Prasad Announces Separation from Husband Rohit Mittal in Less Than a Year of Marriage
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- You've Probably Listened to More 'Drake' in the Last Ten Years Than You Think
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway