Congress Workers Put up Posters in Indore Attacking BJP for Promising Bharat Ratna for Veer Savarkar
The posters put up at the Regal Square area of the city were removed after the intervention of senior administrative officers and deployment of police in the area.
Congress puts up poster in Indore against BJP promise of giving Bharat Ratna to VD Savarkar (Credits: ANI)
Indore: After the BJP in its Maharashtra election manifesto promised to nominate VD Savarkar for the Bharat Ratna, the Congress party on Saturday put up posters in Indore in Madhya Pradesh in protest against such a move, describing him as a "traitor of the freedom movement".
One of the posters put up at the Regal Square in the city said, "Bharat Mata! Forgive them (BJP)... give them intellect". It also urged 'Bharat Mata' to pardon the BJP, while wishing for sanity for the saffron party's leaders.
When staff of the Indore Municipal Corporation visited the site to remove the posters, Congress workers got into a heated argument with them and allegedly even threatened them. The posters were removed after the intervention of senior administrative officers and deployment of police in the area.
In its manifesto released earlier his week for the Maharashtra Assembly elections, the BJP promised to propose the names of Savarkar, and social workers Jyotiba Phule and Savitribai Phule for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Locust Biryani? Pakistan Minister Cooks Up Bizarre Method to Deal with Insect Infestation in Karachi
- Avengers Endgame: Robert Downey Jr-Katherine Langford's Deleted Scene Released on Disney+
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- Bernardo Silva Hit With One-match Ban for Tweet on Benjamin Mendy