Cop-turned-politician Pradeep Sharma Booked for Threatening Poll Officials During Voting in Maharashtra
Sharma, an inspector-rank officer who resigned from Maharashtra police recently to contest polls, is accused of entering a polling booth in Chandansar in Virar along with few of his supporters and threatening officials present there.
Shiv Sena candidate Pradeep Sharma with Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray. (Pic; Twitter/Pradeep Sharma)
Palghar: Policeman-turned-politician and Shiv Sena candidate from Nalasopara Assembly seat Pradeep Sharma was booked for allegedly threatening poll officials during voting on Monday, police said.
Sharma, an inspector-rank officer who resigned from Maharashtra police recently to contest polls, is accused of entering a polling booth in Chandansar in Virar along with few of his supporters and threatening officials present there, an official said.
Sharma, who earned the tag of "encounter specialist" for gunning down a large number of underworld operatives during his long stint with Mumbai police Crime Branch, has been charged under sections of the IPC and Representation of the People Act 1951 for criminal intimidation and disorderly conduct in a polling booth, he said.
The case was registered at Virar police station, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism
- Matthew Perry Thinks the Joker Copied Chandler Bing's Iconic Dance Moves in 'Friends'