CPM Leader Suspended From Key Party Panel for Praising PM Modi, Devendra Fadnavis
Former CPI(M) MLA Narsaiyya Adam in January praised and thanked PM Narendra Modi and Fadnavis for speedy clearance to a housing project in Solapur district.
File pic of Narasaiyya Adam
Mumbai: A CPI(M) leader from Maharashtra has been suspended from the party's Central Committee for reportedly praising Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at an event.
Former CPI(M) MLA Narsaiyya Adam in January praised and thanked Modi and Fadnavis for speedy clearance to a housing project in Solapur district, from where he was earlier elected in the state Assembly.
He also reportedly wished for another term for Modi as prime minister.
"Such praise is against the policy of CPM. Hence, a decision has been taken to suspend him for three months from the party's Central Committee," a party official said on Tuesday.
The Central Committee is a key decision-making body of the communist party.
Adam was not available for comments in the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot