Amit Shah Canvassing for Votes in Delhi's 'Lanes and Bylanes' Shows Party's Failure: Congress
Despite having seven MPs in the city and ruling the municipal corporations for 13 years, the BJP has not been able to implement the Modi government's 'pet cleanliness campaign Swachhta Abhiyan', he alleged.
File photo: Home Minister Amit Shah addresses a rally. (Photo tweeted by @BJP4India)
New Delhi: Delhi Congress president Subhash Chopra on Monday said the very fact that Union Home Minister Amit Shah is going around the "lanes and bylanes" of Delhi, seeking votes for BJP candidates, shows that the party has "failed on all fronts".
Despite having seven MPs in the city and ruling the municipal corporations for 13 years, the BJP has not been able to implement the Modi government's "pet cleanliness campaign Swachhta Abhiyan", he alleged.
"The very fact that the home minister is going around lanes and bylanes to canvas for votes shows that the BJP has failed on all fronts in Delhi," he said.
"The people of Delhi are so upset and angry with the BJP that the home minister had to face black flags wherever he went," he alleged.
Chopra claimed the Modi government passed the Citizenship Amendment Bill to divide people on communal lines, and the Kejriwal government did not say a word to oppose it.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pep Guardiola’s Email Hacked by IT Worker Who Claims to Know Manchester City Transfer Plans
- Jacqueline Fernandez to Team up with 'Bigg Boss 13' Contestant Asim Riaz for Music Video
- Hotstar Hammered With 1-star Ratings After it Censored John Oliver’s Episode on PM Modi
- Responsible Doggo Shows up at Police Station to 'File' a Missing Report of Himself
- Weather Reporter Accidentally Turns on Filters During Facebook Live and Internet Can't Keep Calm