Delhi Assembly Elections: Congress Candidates' List to Come out Today, Subhash Chopra Won't Contest
State Congress chief Subhash Chopra said discussions have been underway on most of the Delhi Assembly seats and the list will be coming out on Friday.
New Delhi: The Congress election committee, which met on Thursday to finalise the names of candidates for the Delhi Assembly polls, will announce the names on Friday.
Congress Delhi unit chief Subhash Chopra said, "We have discussed most of the seats and list will be coming tomorrow."
When asked if senior leaders will contest, he said the high command will decide. However, he said he would only be in-charge of managing the elections and not take part in the same directly. "I will not contest the elections as I have to manage the elections," he said.
The Congress has not been able to finalise candidates for New Delhi seats from where Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) supremo Arvind Kejriwal is contesting.
Senior Congress leaders have been asked to contest elections but, many of them, including former Union minister Ajay Maken, have decided to stay away. Maken has left for the US as his daughter is unwell.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Comment on Saif Ali Khan has been Misinterpreted, Says Kangana Ranaut
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- Fan Asks Shah Rukh Khan the Rent of a Room in Mannat, Superstar Quotes This Price
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it