Delhi Assembly Speaker Disqualifies Two Rebel AAP MLAs Under Anti-defection Law
The decision comes nearly a week after Delhi Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel disqualified rebel AAP MLA and former Delhi minister Kapil Mishra for campaigning for Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his party.
File image. Proceedings in the Delhi Assembly.
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel on Thursday disqualified rebel AAP MLAs Devinder Sehrawat and Anil Bajpai under the anti-defection law, an official order said.
Bajpai and Sehrawat had shared the stage with BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha polls.
The decision comes nearly a week after Goel disqualified rebel AAP MLA and former Delhi minister Kapil Mishra for campaigning for Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his party.
Sehrawat is a legislator from Bijwasan while Bajpai represents the Gandhi Nagar constituency.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead