Delhi Bar Association President, Other Members Join AAP
Himal Akhtar, a Bar Council of Delhi member and an advocate for the Delhi Wakf Board, also joined the ruling party in the national capital. Senior Advocate Satish Kumar, and advocates Seema Singh and Mukesh Dral also joined the AAP.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Delhi Bar Association president Sanjeev Nasiar on Wednesday joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the presence of party chief Arvind Kejriwal.
"I believe that we will work along with the legal fraternity to lead AAP towards victory in the upcoming Delhi assembly elections. I sincerely hope that the lawyer community will be at the forefront of working for the welfare of the people of Delhi. We will also work for the progress of the lawyer community in Delhi," said Nasiar, former in-charge of the BJP's Human Rights Cell of Delhi.
Himal Akhtar, a Bar Council of Delhi member and an advocate for the Delhi Wakf Board, also joined the ruling party in the national capital.
"The AAP government is the first government to have worked for the welfare of the lawyer fraternity. We stand by AAP and hope that we will be able to work together for the development of Delhi," he said.
Senior Advocate Satish Kumar, and advocates Seema Singh and Mukesh Dral also joined the AAP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Responds to Suicide Comment by Shehnaz Gill's Father
- Nick Jonas Gushes Over Priyanka Chopra's Saree Look, See Here
- Brad Pitt's Joke On Quentin Tarantino's Foot Fetish and Tinder Profile is Basically All of Us
- Ayushmann Khurrana's Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Smashes Homophobia, One Funny Dialogue at a Time
- PUBG Addiction: 25-Year-Old Suffers Brain Stroke While Playing Game, Dies