Delhi Speaker Disqualifies Rebel AAP MLA Kapil Mishra under Anti-defection Law
Sources said that an order to disqualify the Karawal Nagar MLA has been issued by the Speaker Ram Niwas Goel.
File photo of suspended AAP leader Kapil Mishra (Photo: VIkas Thakur, Network18)
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel has disqualified rebel Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Kapil Mishra under the anti-defection law, sources said on Friday.
They said that Mishra has been disqualified under the 10th Schedule of the Constitution, which is commonly referred to as the 'Anti-Defection Law'.
An order to disqualify the Karawal Nagar MLA has been issued by the speaker, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Kia Seltos Launched in India, Gets Special Twitter Icon as a Red SUV
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses