Demonetisation: TMC MPs Meet President, Says India Under 'Super Emergency'
Announcing its plan to continue with agitations against central government's witch hunt politics and demonetisation, Trinamool Congress MP Derek O'Brien on Wednesday slammed the government for the prevailing political situation in the country.
Trinamool Congress MP Derek O’Brien addressing the media after meeting President Pranab Mukherjee.
New Delhi: Announcing its plan to continue with agitations against central government's witch hunt politics and demonetisation, Trinamool Congress MP Derek O'Brien on Wednesday slammed the government for the prevailing political situation in the country.
Earlier on Tuesday, a team of senior party leaders including Derek, Saugata Roy, Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar met President Pranab Mukherjee and expressed concern over the "super emergency" situation in India after demonetisation.
They also submitted a memorandum to the President. In the morning, Trinamool MPs organised a peaceful dharna in Delhi against demonetisation.
Trinamool Congress Spokesperson, Derek O'Brien said, "Our leaders are going to protests against the Modi government in other states. We are thankful to our President for giving his valuable time. We requested him to intervene because it's the common people who are suffering the most because of demonetisation," Derek said.
TMC MP Roy said, "We are not going to bow down. We will continue our fight against Modi government’s anti-people decision. The situation in the country is like undeclared financial emergency."
"We also condemn the arrest the our party MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay," he said.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Explodes with 'Priyanka Chopra Joins RSS' Memes as Actress Steps Out in Khaki Shorts
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s