Demonetising of Notes Autocratic and Egoistic: Mayawati
Terming the Centre's decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes as "autocratic and egoistic", BSP president Mayawati on Friday said the government that "fails" to even realise the problems of common people is set to face "bad days" very soon.
File photo of BSP supremo Mayawati (Photo: PTI)
Lucknow: Terming the Centre's decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes as "autocratic and egoistic", BSP president Mayawati on Friday said the government that "fails" to even realise the problems of common people is set to face "bad days" very soon.
"People will punish the BJP for its autocratic and egoistic behaviour. This decision is aimed at creating an economic emergency," she alleged in a statement here.
"It is causing immense hardship to crores of poor and hardworking people. The BSP taking their problems as its own had yesterday reacted sharply against it," the BSP president said.
"When the ruling party of the country is not able to understand the problems of its citizens, its bad days are not far away. It is being discussed by the common people," Mayawati claimed.
Hitting out at BJP national president Amit Shah for terming the demonetisation an "economic emergency" for the BSP, Mayawati said, "The BJP president is perhaps not aware that BSP's big and small party workers alike have never allowed the party to face any economic crisis, even in the most trying times."
"They have backed the BSP movement, and the entire country is in the know of this," she said.
The BSP chief "advised" the BJP government to work out the shortcomings of its "immature decision rather than hiding them".
Recommended For You
- At 'PM Narendra Modi' Trailer Launch, Vivek Oberoi Responds Brilliantly When Asked If He'd Join Politics
- T-Series All Set to Overtake PewDiePie to Be the Biggest Channel on YouTube
- Vivo X27 Pro With 48-Megapixel Camera, Snapdragon 710 SoC Announced
- PUBG Addiction: Karnataka Boy Writes How to Play Battle Royale Game in Answer Sheet, Fails PU Exam
- College Asks Students to Not Gatecrash Weddings, Twitter Defends It as 'Ancient Tradition'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s