Denied TRS Ticket for Lok Sabha Polls, G Vivek Resigns as Adviser to Telangana Government
After resignation, Vivek said that he felt freed from shackles of 'slavery' and would now work to serve the people.
Hyderabad: Former MP and TRS leader G Vivek on Friday resigned from the post of adviser to the Telangana government. The resignation came against the backdrop of denial of ticket to him by the TRS to contest the Lok Sabha elections. Vivek had also been demanding to rename Peddapalli district after his late father G Venkata Swamy.
Vivek accused TRS chief KCR of deceiving him by not giving him the party ticket for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. After resignation, Vivek said that he felt freed from shackles of 'slavery' and would now work to serve the people. It is being speculated that he may join the Congress or BSP. However, Vivek is yet to make any comment on this.
Meanwhile, the TRS leaders crticised Vivek for his comments against chief minister KCR as some leaders accused him of being known for deception and anti-party activities.
Vivek has served as president of Hyderabad Cricket Association.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Didn't Speak to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After He Played a Glorified Villain in Darr
- Anup Jalota to Co-Host Bigg Boss 13 with Salman Khan? Here’s All You Need to Know
- Nach Baliye 9: Urvashi Dholakia Confirms Participating With Ex-boyfriend Anuj Sachdeva
- This Couple’s Combined India-Pakistan Jersey at World Cup is Why We Love Cricket
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s