Deoband Election Results 2017: Brijesh of BJP Wins
Brijesh of BJP has emerged winner in Deoband while Majid Ali of BSP has lost.
Brijesh of BJP has emerged winner in Deoband defeating Majid Ali of BSP.
The main candidates from Deoband were Majid Ali (BSP), Bhupeshwar Tyagi (RLD), Mavia Ali (SP) and Brijesh (BJP).
In the 2012 Assembly elections, the BSP won this constituency by 17,113 votes. Jagpal, the winning candidate, got 80,670 votes. The runner-up was Ch. Abdul Wahid of Congress who got 63,557 votes. The voter turnout was 73.80%.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Ancient Mariner: World’s Oldest Shipwreck Discovered in Black Sea
- Happy Birthday Malaika Arora! Check Out the Sizzling Style Icon's Fashion Evolution Over the Years
- Roman Reigns, WWE Universal Champion, Reveals He Has Leukemia Again; Relinquishes Title
- Celebrity Weddings: The Glorious Spectacle of an Institution We No Longer Understand
- Twitter War - Tesla Surpasses Mercedes-Benz to Become Most Followed Car Brand Globally