Dialogues That Neta Rajinikanth Can Borrow From Abhineta Rajinikanth
Ending suspense, Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Sunday announced his entry into politics and said he will launch his own party. "I am joining politics for sure," the 67-year-old said amid thunderous applause from fans.
A still of Rajinikanth. (Getty Images)
Chennai: Ending suspense, Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Sunday announced his entry into politics and said he will launch his own party. "I am joining politics for sure," the 67-year-old said amid thunderous applause from fans. Quoting a shloka from the Bhagwad Gita, which stresses on the importance of doing one's duty and leaving the rest to the Lord, he said, "This is the compulsion of time." Addressing fans here on the valedictory of a six-day-long meet, the actor said he will launch a political party which will contest all 234 assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu. He said the party will be launched ahead of assembly elections at an appropriate time. The policies of the party will be taken to the people, he said and added that truthfulness, hard work and growth will be the slogan of his party.
As he begins his new innings, Rajinikanth can borrow a lot from his films, including some dialogues. Here's a look:
* “Naan eppo varuven eppadi varuvennu yarukkum theriyathu. Eppo varunumo appo correctaa varuven” from Muthu
No one can say when or how I’ll come, but I will come at the right time
* "Naan Vanthuten Nu Sollu, Thirumbi Vanthuten Nu" from Kabali
Tell them I've arrived, tell them I've returned
* "Naan vara vendiya neram vandhudichi nee poga vendiya neram nerungidichi" from Baba
Time has come for me to lead, time has come for you to leave
* "En vazhi, thani vazhi. Marakathinga" from Padayappa
My way is my own, never forget that
* "Pera kettaale chumma adhirudhulla" from Sivaji: The Boss
Don't you tremble when you hear my name?
* "Naan solrathaiyum seiven, sollathathiyum seiven" from Annamalai
I’ll do what I say and I’ll do what I don’t say as well
* "Andavan solran. Arunachalam seiran" from Arunachalam
God says, I follow
* "Kanna, panni dhan Kootama varum. Singam singleaa dhaan varum" from Sivaji: The Boss
Only pigs come in groups, the tiger comes alone
* "Nan oru thadava sonna, nooru thadava sonna madiri" from Baasha
If I say something once, it means I've said that a 100 times
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Ben Stokes Inspires England to Miraculous Win at Headingley
- Coming Out of Closet is Better Than Hiding My Relationship: Dutee Chand
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce