Digvijaya Singh Booked For Hurting Religious Feelings
AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh was booked by police on Monday over his alleged post about the madrassas (seminaries) and the RSS-run Saraswati Sishu Mandirs.
File photo of Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh
Hyderabad: AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh was booked by police on Monday over his alleged post about the madrassas (seminaries) and the RSS-run Saraswati Sishu Mandirs.
Police registered the case under section 295 A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC against the Congress leader.
In his post on a social networking site on February 22, Singh allegedly equated the schools run by the madrssas and RSS, saying that both spread "hatred".
A complaint in this regard was lodged by Majlis Bachao Tehreek (MBT) leader Amjed Ullah Khan, said Dabeerpura police inspector C Venkanna Naik.
"We have registered a case under section 295 A of IPC and are investigating," the officer told PTI.
Recommended For You
- After Igniting #MeToo Movement in India, Tanushree Dutta All Set to Return to the US
- Kim Sharma Shares Adorable Birthday Wish For Rumoured Boyfriend Harshvardhan Rane, See Post
- WATCH | Runs Made When Team Loses Shouldn't Count: Gambhir
- Neha Kakkar Shares Emotional Posts After Break-up with Himansh Kohli, Says I Gave Away Everything
- Egypt Breaks History as It Opens 4,400-Year-Old Tomb Near Giza Pyramid
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s