Dinakaran's AMMK Releases First List of 24 Candidates for Lok Sabha Polls
The legislators, who were disqualified, have been nominated again for the nine constituencies where by elections will be held.
TTV Dinakaran addressing the press conference (File photo)
Chennai: Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) founder TTV Dinakaran on Sunday announced the first list of 24 candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The legislators, who were disqualified, have been nominated again for the nine constituencies where by elections will be held. While Trichy's former mayor Sarubala Thondaiman will contest from this seat, former speaker K Kalimuthu's son David Annadurai will fight polls from Madurai.
Party's propaganda secretary Thanga Tamilselvan had earlier said that AMMK would contest in 38 parliamentary constituencies, leaving one to Social Democratic Party of India.
Lok Sabha elections and assembly byelections would be held in Tamil Nadu on April 18, in the second phase of the seven-phased polls. Elections will be held in Puducherry also on the same day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Everyone's Called it 'Rumour', but the Internet Still Wants to Know 'Is MS Dhoni Retiring?'
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- Irrfan Khan is in Mumbai After Undergoing Surgery, Confirms Spokesperson