Divya Spandana's 'Bird' Tweet on PM Modi's Photo Kicks Up a Controversy
The Congress leader tweeted a picture of PM Modi standing next to Sardar Patel's 182-metre tall Statue of Unity, which was unveiled on Wednesday, and asking: 'Is that bird dropping?'
File photo of Divya Spandana
New Delhi: Divya Spandana, head of the Congress’ social media cell, has kicked up a fresh row with her cryptic tweet on a picture of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The Congress leader tweeted a picture of PM Modi standing next to Sardar Patel's 182-metre tall Statue of Unity, which was unveiled on Wednesday, and asking: "Is that bird dropping?"
Is that bird dropping? pic.twitter.com/63xPuvfvW3— Divya Spandana/Ramya (@divyaspandana) November 1, 2018
In September, Tamil Nadu BJP State treasurer SR Sekar petitioned Coimbatore City Police Commissioner seeking action against Ramya for referring to PM Modi as thief in one of her tweets.
The petition said she made deliberate attempts to create division among various groups through her remarks. It said that the remarks hurt the sentiments of BJP functionaries.
Ramya, who has been credited for turning around the social media story of the Congress, has been lately embroiled in a number of controversies. She has been dragged into a sexual harassment case within her team, where she has been accused of looking the other way when complained to about the misconduct.
She was appointed as the party’s social media head in 2017.
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2019: Drunken Driving to Cost Rs 10,000, Driving Without a Licence to Cost Rs 5000
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- Fact Check: Did the 'Sun Baby' from Teletubbies Just Have a Baby of Her Own?
- OxygenOS 9.0.7 Update for OnePlus 5/5T Brings Fnatic Mode and Screen Recorder