DMK Leader MK Stalin Backs P Chidambaram, Accuses BJP Govt of Pursuing Vendetta Politics
The Congress has defended Chidambaram, with Rahul Gandhi accusing the government of using probe agencies and the media to 'character assassinate' the former finance minister.
File photo of DMK president MK Stalin.
Chennai: DMK chief M K Stalin on Wednesday backed Congress leader P Chidambaram, facing action in a money laundering case related to INX Media, and accused the BJP-led central government of pursuing political vendetta.
"As regards this issue, I have clearly learnt that these (actions) are happening due to political vendetta," Stalin, whose party has an alliance with Congress in Tamil Nadu, told reporters at the DMK headquarters 'Anna Arivalayam' here.
Responding to queries, the DMK leader said, "Chidambaram is a legal expert. He will for sure face the case legally." As many as 14 parties will take part in a protest in Delhi to be held by DMK on Thursday, seeking the release of leaders under detention in Kashmir, he said.
The Congress has defended Chidambaram, with Rahul Gandhi accusing the government of using probe agencies and the media to "character assassinate" the former finance minister.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser