EC Flying Squad Files FIR Against AAP's Gopal Rai For Violating Poll Code
Officials of the Flying Squad stated that Gopal Rai was caught red-handed distributing pamphlets without clearance from the Election Commission.
AAP Delhi unit chief Gopal Rai. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: A case has been registered against Delhi Minister and AAP leader Gopal Rai against a complaint by the Election Commission Flying Squad in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
An FIR has been booked against Rai at the Connaught Place police station under Section 28(1)P/110 DP Act.
According to executive magistrate Mukul Joshi of the flying squad, Gopal Rai was caught red-handed distributing pamphlets without clearance from the Election Commission.
Issuing a statement following the complaint, AAP said: "We wish someday a flying squad suo moto register cases against BJP leaders too. Till now, all cases have been registered after a lot of follow-ups with EC. EC has yet not taken a call on multiple violations by Gautam Gambhir. We again demand Gautam Gambhir to be banned from campaigning for 72 hours".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right