'Economy in ICU', But Govt Issuing 'Look Out Notice' to Those Backing Civil Liberties, Says Kapil Sibal
His jibe at the government for issuing a 'look out' notice was an obvious reference to probe agencies issuing such a notice for party colleague P Chidambaram and arresting him.
File photo of Congress leader Kapil Sibal.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal on Friday took a swipe at the government, saying the "economy is in ICU" and the Modi dispensation has issued a "look out notice" for all those defending civil liberties.
His jibe at the government for issuing a "look out" notice was an obvious reference to probe agencies issuing such a notice for party colleague P Chidambaram and arresting him.
The special CBI court on Thursday sent former finance minister Chidambaram to CBI custody for four days till August 26 in the INX Media corruption case.
"The events of the last few weeks have shown that both, the economy and the cause of liberty, need a stimulus package," said Sibal, who also represented Chidambaram in court.
"The economy is in ICU and government has issued a 'look out notice' for all those defending civil liberties," he said in a tweet.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes