Eknath Gaikwad Appointed Working President of Mumbai Congress
The announcement to appoint Eknath Gaikwad as working president of Mumbai Congress was made by AICC general secretary (organisation) K C Venugopal.
Eknath Gaikwad's name was suggested by Milind Deora as part of a panel to lead the party's city unit till state Assembly polls slated for this year. (Pic: Twitter/Eknath Gaikwad)
Mumbai: Former Lok Sabha MP Eknath Gaikwad was appointed the working president of the Mumbai Congress.
The announcement was made by AICC general secretary (organisation) K C Venugopal through a statement on Friday, with party sources claiming that one more person will be appointed to the post of working president.
Milind Deora, who had announced his resignation as Mumbai unit chief owing to the party's poor Lok Sabha showing, has been asked to continue, sources close to the former Mumbai South Lok Sabha MP said.
Sources said Gaikwad's name was suggested by Deora as part of a panel to lead the party's city unit till state Assembly polls slated for this year.
Two-time MP Gaikwad was defeated in the April-May general elections by Shiv Sena's Rahul Shewale.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother at Jonas Brothers Concert
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans