Eknath Gaikwad Made New Mumbai Congress Chief, Replaces Milind Deora
Congress president has approved the proposal for appointment of Eknath Gaikwad, working president, Mumbai Regional Congress Committee as the acting president of MRCC in place of Milind Deora.
Congress candidate Eknath Gaikwad with his family cast their votes in Dharavi. (Image: Sachin Gokhale/News18)
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday appointed Eknath Gaikwad as the acting president of Mumbai Regional Congress Committee, in place of Milind Deora who had resigned after the party's debacle in Lok Sabha elections.
"Congress president has approved the proposal for appointment of Eknath Gaikwad, working president, Mumbai Regional Congress Committee (MRCC) as the acting president of Mumbai Regional Congress Committee (MRCC) in place of Milind Deora," a party statement said.
It also said, "The party appreciates the contribution of the outgoing president of MRCC, Milind Deora."
Deora resigned soon after Rahul Gandhi quit as party chief taking responsibility of the Congress's debacle in Lok Sabha elections.
Deora was considered close to Rahul Gandhi and has hinted at taking up a central role.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes