Ex-Army Chief JJ Singh First to Cast Vote in Patiala
Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General J.J. Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Chandigarh: Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General JJ Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Accompanied by his wife, Gen Singh, who is a candidate of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal, said that he was confident of victory from the Patiala-urban assembly where he is challenging Punjab Congress President and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
Nand Kishore, a Patiala resident, was the first one to cast his vote in Patiala.
"I have been the first one cast to my vote for the past 30 years," he said.
Over 1.98 crore electors will decide the fate of 1,145 candidates, including 81 women and one transgender candidate.
FULL COVERAGE: Assembly Elections 2017
Recommended For You
- New 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Launched in India for Rs 7.44 Lakh, Gets 1.5L Petrol Engine
- Saif Ali Khan on Taimur Doll: I am Glad People are Benefiting from Him
- Ranbir Kapoor Accompanying Alia Bhatt to a Doctor Will Give You Major Relationship Goals
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Vs OnePlus 6T: The New Alternate Flagship Smartphone Battle
- Jio Effect: BSNL Rs 1699 Prepaid Plan With One Year Validity Now Offers 4.21GB Data Per Day