Ex-Army Chief JJ Singh First to Cast Vote in Patiala
Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General J.J. Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Chandigarh: Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General JJ Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Accompanied by his wife, Gen Singh, who is a candidate of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal, said that he was confident of victory from the Patiala-urban assembly where he is challenging Punjab Congress President and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
Nand Kishore, a Patiala resident, was the first one to cast his vote in Patiala.
"I have been the first one cast to my vote for the past 30 years," he said.
Over 1.98 crore electors will decide the fate of 1,145 candidates, including 81 women and one transgender candidate.
FULL COVERAGE: Assembly Elections 2017
Recommended For You
- England vs Australia: Finch Ready to Front-up to 'Ultra Hard' England Riposte
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- Ford Endeavour Rolls Over as Hyundai Santro Crashes into the SUV - Watch Video
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s