Ex-Army Chief JJ Singh First to Cast Vote in Patiala
Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General J.J. Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Chandigarh: Former Army Chief and ex-governor, General JJ Singh, was among the first to cast his vote on Saturday morning at a polling station in Patiala city in Punjab, 60 km from the city.
Accompanied by his wife, Gen Singh, who is a candidate of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal, said that he was confident of victory from the Patiala-urban assembly where he is challenging Punjab Congress President and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
Nand Kishore, a Patiala resident, was the first one to cast his vote in Patiala.
"I have been the first one cast to my vote for the past 30 years," he said.
Over 1.98 crore electors will decide the fate of 1,145 candidates, including 81 women and one transgender candidate.
FULL COVERAGE: Assembly Elections 2017
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- Sridevi Bungalow: Janhvi Kapoor Walks Away When Asked About Priya Prakash Varrier Film
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- 'Where Art Thou?' Romeo, The World's Loneliest Frog, Just Found His Juliet
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s