Exodus of TMC Leaders Continues, Bankura VP Sabyasachi Roy Switches to BJP With 50 Others
Sabyasachi Roy joined BJP with another 50 TMC members.
Representative image. (PTI)
Kolkata: Bankura TMC district vice president Sabyasachi Roy on Sunday joined hands with BJP in the presence of newly elected MP of Bankura and BJP state vice president Dr Subhash Sarkar.
Sarkar handed over the party flag to Roy.
Apart from him, an advocate named Arun Shit and another 50 TMC members joined BJP in a small programme organised by the BJP in a Bankura hotel.
On Monday, more than 50 TMC councillors and two MLAs joined the BJP. A day later, MLA Monirul Islam also joined the saffron party.
BJP MP Subhash Sarkar said that people from TMC are in queue to join BJP as they are inspired by the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Sabyasachi Roy, who joined BJP said that he has not joined for power but with a vision of 'Sabka Sath Sabka Vikash'.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More