Fadnavis-Led Govt Will be Formed Soon in Maharashtra, Says BJP Minister
The BJP and Shiv Sena are locked in a bitter tussle over the issue of chief minister's post, resulting in a stalemate in government formation despite results of the Assembly polls giving the BJP-Sena alliance a combined seat strength of 161.
File photo of Chandrakant Patil. (Twitter/@ChDadaPatil)
Mumbai: A new government led by CM Devendra Fadnavis will be formed "very soon" in Maharashtra, senior BJP minister Chandrakant Patil said here on Tuesday.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of the state BJP core team, Patil said people of Maharashtra have given a mandate to the BJP-Shiv Sena 'Mahayuti' (grand alliance) for forming the next government.
"The Shiv Sena has so far not given us any proposal. BJP's doors are open 24x7 for them," the minister said.
"We don't have any doubt that a Fadnavis-led government will be formed soon," he said. There has been no headway yet in government formation after results of the October 21 Assembly polls were declared on October 24.
The BJP and Shiv Sena are locked in a bitter tussle over the issue of chief minister's post, resulting in a stalemate in government formation despite results of the Assembly polls giving the BJP-Sena alliance a combined seat strength of 161, way past the 145 majority mark in the 288-member House.
In the polls, the BJP won 105 seats, Shiv Sena-56, NCP-54 and the Congress won 44 seats.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1