- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Farmers Were Promised Rs 15 Lakh, Given Rs 2,000, Says Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath
Kamal Nath said that 25 lakh farmers in Madhya Pradesh will be relieved of their debts in next ten days.
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for providing farmers a meagre incentive of Rs 6,000 annually under the PM KISAN scheme, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Kamal Nath said the voters of this country were smart to understand that the move has come just two months before the Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking at a session titled ‘Matters of States’ at the News18 Network's Rising India Summit 2019, Nath said, "Farmers are being given Rs 6,000 annually per year and that too, in three installments, though they were promised Rs 15 lakh.”
"Do you think the farmer of this country is stupid that he will fall for this meagre amount?" Nath asked.
Talking about the announcement of farm loan waiver in Madhya Pradesh, Nath said 25 lakh farmers will be relieved of their debts in the next 10 days.
On Sunday, the Prime Minister rolled out the first installment of the cash scheme at an event in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World