Federal Front Formula Successful, Bad Omen For BJP: Mamata Banerjee on Bypoll Results
The ruling BJP on Thursday suffered a major jolt in bypolls across the country, including in Kairana Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh where opposition parties had together supported the RLD candidate.
File photo of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. (PTI Photo)
Jalpaiguri (WB): Trinamool Congress chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said today people are "disenchanted" with the BJP and the federal front formula she proposed was a success in the bypolls in 11 states.
The ruling BJP on Thursday suffered a major jolt in bypolls across the country, including in Kairana Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh where opposition parties had together supported the RLD candidate against the rival saffron party nominee.
Banerjee said the result of the bypoll in four Lok Sabha and 10 assembly seats across 11 states have shown that the opposition parties have won wherever they were strong.
"The regional parties, the federal front are now very strong in the country," she told reporters. "Before the Lok Sabha polls, it (by-poll results) is a signal. For the BJP it is a bad omen," she said.
Banerjee previously advocated a one-to-one electoral contest against the BJP.
“It is a lesson for regional parties. The (federal front) formula is successful. The people are disenchanted (with the BJP). In politics, one cannot achieve everything by force", she said.
People do not like communal forces, she said, adding: "We understood what people want".
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- Malaika Arora's Glamorous Pictures Get Witty Comment from Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8