Former DMK Mayor Uma Maheshwari, Husband and Domestic Help Hacked to Death in Tirunelveli
The incident came to light when the maid’s mother came in search of her around 4:30pm on Tuesday. Tirunelveli Police Commissioner has reached the spot and is looking into the case.
Chennai: Former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) mayor Uma Maheswari was murdered at her residence on Tuesday. Her husband Muruga Sankaran (65) and their domestic help were also hacked to death by unidentified assailants in Reddiyarpatti town in Tirunelveli district.
The incident came to light when the help’s mother came in search of her around 4:30pm on Tuesday. Tirunelveli Police Commissioner reached the spot and is looking into the case.
Maheswari (61) was the mayor of the Tirunelveli Corporation between 1996 and 2001. A property dispute was suspected to be a possible motive behind the triple murder, police said, adding they were investigating all angles as the safe in the house was found broken.
(With inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March