Former DMK Mayor Uma Maheshwari, Husband and Domestic Help Hacked to Death in Tirunelveli
The incident came to light when the maid’s mother came in search of her around 4:30pm on Tuesday. Tirunelveli Police Commissioner has reached the spot and is looking into the case.
Chennai: Former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) mayor Uma Maheswari was murdered at her residence on Tuesday. Her husband Muruga Sankaran (65) and their domestic help were also hacked to death by unidentified assailants in Reddiyarpatti town in Tirunelveli district.
The incident came to light when the help’s mother came in search of her around 4:30pm on Tuesday. Tirunelveli Police Commissioner reached the spot and is looking into the case.
Maheswari (61) was the mayor of the Tirunelveli Corporation between 1996 and 2001. A property dispute was suspected to be a possible motive behind the triple murder, police said, adding they were investigating all angles as the safe in the house was found broken.
(With inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arti Singh Says Krushna Abhishek was Upset with Her for Talking About Attempted Rape on Bigg Boss 13
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- Did a Chinese Novel Predict Coronavirus 40 Years Ago? 'Wuhan-400' Leaves Twitter Baffled
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic