Ex-IPS Officer, Once CM Mamata's Close Aide, Joins BJP, Says 'Thugocracy' Rules Bengal
Ghosh was once considered close to the state's ruling dispensation but had a fallout later, adding that a case was also registered against her.
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Bharati Ghosh, once considered close to the Mamata Banerjee government but now facing criminal charges, joined the BJP Monday and alleged that "thugocracy" has replaced democracy in the state.
She joined the party here in the presence of senior BJP leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Kailash Vijayvargiya and Mukul Roy.
"There is no democracy in West Bengal. 'Crimocracy' and 'thugocracy' have replaced it," Ghosh told reporters.
Vijayvargiya said her joining the BJP will strengthen the party.
Sources said Ghosh was once considered close to the state's ruling dispensation but had a fallout later, adding that a case was also registered against her.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video