Former Union Minister SM Krishna is Joining BJP, Says Yeddyurappa
Former Union Minister SM Krishna, who resigned from the Congress late last month, will soon join the BJP, former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa said on Saturday.
Bengaluru: Former Union Minister SM Krishna, who resigned from the Congress late last month, will soon join the BJP, former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa said on Saturday.
“He (SM Krishna) has decided to join the BJP. When we don't know… will fix it soon. He is joining 100%,” Yeddyurappa, the BJP’s Karnataka state chief, said.
Explaining his decision to quit the party, the former external affairs minister had said, “Today I feel Congress is in a dilemma about whether they need leaders who have a connect with the people. I feel the party needs no mass leaders. They only need managers."
"My loyalty towards Congress never wavered. They only need people who can tide over the crisis," he had said.
Krishna has served as Karnataka chief minister, Maharashtra governor and speaker of the Karnataka Assembly.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Old MS Dhoni is Back With a Vengeance: Border
- Manikarnika: Karni Sena Claims They are Not Involved in Protests Against Kangana Ranaut's Film
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- BJP MLA Sadhna Singh Calling Mayawati 'Worse Than Eunuch' Shows Transphobia is Still Alive in 2019
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s