Gaurav Gogoi Appointed Incharge of Tripura, Manipur Congress
However, Faleiro continues to be the All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary incharge for other North eastern states.
File photo of Gaurav Gogoi.
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi late Monday appointed Gaurav Gogoi as AICC incharge of Tripura and Manipur, relieving Luizinho Faleiro of the post.
Faleiro continues to be the All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary incharge for other North eastern states.
His removal comes days after former Tripura Congress Chief Pradyot Debbarman resigned from the party writing to Gandhi against Faleiro.
According to a party statement, Gogoi will hold the new post "along with his current responsibilities as incharge of West Bengal and Andman and Nicobar Islands".
Gogoi is a sitting MP from Kaliabor in Assam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch Dia Mirza's Reaction When Kapil Sharma Offered to Flirt with Her
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update Confirmed to Launch on March 3, Death Replay Confirmed
- Save Money For a New House on This Super Earth That Scientists Are Sure Can Host Life
- Taapsee Pannu-Anubhav Sinha's Thappad Might Not be a Possibility in Real Life, Medical and Legal Professionals Explain
- Meet the Young Girls from a Maharashtra Village Trying to Represent India in World Robotics