Gaurav Gogoi Appointed Incharge of Tripura, Manipur Congress
However, Faleiro continues to be the All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary incharge for other North eastern states.
File photo of Gaurav Gogoi.
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi late Monday appointed Gaurav Gogoi as AICC incharge of Tripura and Manipur, relieving Luizinho Faleiro of the post.
Faleiro continues to be the All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary incharge for other North eastern states.
His removal comes days after former Tripura Congress Chief Pradyot Debbarman resigned from the party writing to Gandhi against Faleiro.
According to a party statement, Gogoi will hold the new post "along with his current responsibilities as incharge of West Bengal and Andman and Nicobar Islands".
Gogoi is a sitting MP from Kaliabor in Assam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Zombieland Double Tap Movie Review: The Land of Halfdeads Still Produces Good Jokes
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Lebanon Thought Charging For WhatsApp is a Good Idea, But Citizens Vented Their Anger