Go Ahead With Son's Wedding Without Fear: Tej Pratap to Sushil Modi
A video had surfaced last week purportedly showing RJD leader Tej Pratap Yadav threatening to disrupt the wedding of the Bihar Deputy chief minister's son.
File photo of Bihar minister Tej Pratap Yadav.
Patna: RJD leader Tej Pratap Yadav, who had allegedly threatened to disrupt the wedding of Sushil Modi's son, on Sunday said he was "not a criminal or terrorist" and the Bihar Deputy chief minister should continue with the function "without any worry or fear".
His remarks came a day after the Deputy CM's office announced that the venue of the December 3 wedding had been changed to Veterinary College ground (near Patna airport) from Shakha Maidan in Rajendra Nagar due to "security reasons".
"I am not a criminal or terrorist. Whatever I said at a public meeting should not have been taken literally by Modi. He should go ahead with the wedding without any worry or fear," Yadav said.
However, he said even if there was not "any untoward incident involving me or my party, their (Sushil Modi/BJP) own men could create a ruckus to defame me".
A video had surfaced last week purportedly showing Yadav threatening to disrupt the wedding.
In the video aired by news channels, Yadav was seen delivering a speech in Aurangabad and saying: "I have been invited by Sushil Modi to attend the wedding of his son. If I go there I will expose him in public."
The former Bihar health minister was also heard threatening to indulge in violence at the wedding venue. Modi has levelled a number of allegations against Prasad's family acquiring benami properties.
The RJD has trashed all the allegations and accused the senior BJP leader of suffering from "Lalu phobia".
Recommended For You
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- Calling Emergency Services: Smart Assistants in Amazon Echo And Google Home Can Detect Heart Attacks
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s