Goa Dy Speaker Michael Lobo Resigns From Post to Pave Way for Induction in Pramod Sawant Cabinet
Apart from Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo, Chandrakant Kavlekar, Philip Nery Rodrigues, Atanasio Monserratte, who had quit the Congress and joined the BJP on Wednesday, would be sworn in as ministers at Raj Bhavan today.
Goa Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo resigns to be inducted into the state cabinet. (Twitter: ANI)
Panaji: Deputy Speaker of Goa Assembly Michael Lobo on Saturday resigned from the post, paving the way for his induction into the Pramod Sawant-led cabinet.
Lobo submitted his resignation to Speaker Rajesh Patnekar at noon.
"I resigned from the post as I will be inducted into the cabinet later in the day," Lobo said.
Apart from Lobo, Chandrakant Kavlekar, Philip Nery Rodrigues, Atanasio Monserratte, who had quit the Congress and joined the BJP Wednesday, would be sworn in as ministers at Raj Bhavan in the afternoon.
The swearing-in ceremony of new ministers is scheduled to be held at 3 pm.
Sawant would induct the new members into his cabinet by dropping three members of ally Goa Forward Party (GFP) and an Independent legislator as ministers.
Recommended For You
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies