Goa Dy Speaker Michael Lobo Resigns From Post to Pave Way for Induction in Pramod Sawant Cabinet
Apart from Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo, Chandrakant Kavlekar, Philip Nery Rodrigues, Atanasio Monserratte, who had quit the Congress and joined the BJP on Wednesday, would be sworn in as ministers at Raj Bhavan today.
Goa Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo resigns to be inducted into the state cabinet. (Twitter: ANI)
Panaji: Deputy Speaker of Goa Assembly Michael Lobo on Saturday resigned from the post, paving the way for his induction into the Pramod Sawant-led cabinet.
Lobo submitted his resignation to Speaker Rajesh Patnekar at noon.
"I resigned from the post as I will be inducted into the cabinet later in the day," Lobo said.
Apart from Lobo, Chandrakant Kavlekar, Philip Nery Rodrigues, Atanasio Monserratte, who had quit the Congress and joined the BJP Wednesday, would be sworn in as ministers at Raj Bhavan in the afternoon.
The swearing-in ceremony of new ministers is scheduled to be held at 3 pm.
Sawant would induct the new members into his cabinet by dropping three members of ally Goa Forward Party (GFP) and an Independent legislator as ministers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor and Stylist Get Called Out for Copying This Outfit
- This Instagrammer Is Photoshopping a Godzilla Into all Of His Travel Photos
- 1917 Movie Review: Sam Mendes' Oscar-nominated Tale is a War Classic
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Good News For WhatsApp Users as Facebook Backs Down on Adverts, But There is a Catch