Goa Election 2017: Manohar Parrikar Claims 60% Women Voted for BJP
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday claimed 60 per cent of the women electorate in Goa voted for his party BJP in the last month's Assembly polls.
File photo of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.(Image: PTI)
Panaji: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday claimed 60 per cent of the women electorate in Goa voted for his party BJP in the last month's Assembly polls.
"We conducted our own surveys after the Goa polls. The figures indicate a majority of the voters who exercised their franchise were women. We can safely say 60 per cent of the women voters in the state voted for BJP," he said here.
He was addressing a function organised by Goa BJP Mahila Morcha on the occasion of International Womens Day. Election for the 40-member Assembly was held on February 4 and the result will be announced on March 11.
"I toured all the constituencies. The BJP will get a two thirds majority due to various factors, including 'absence' of anti-incumbency sentiment and strong support from women voters," the former Goa Chief Minister said.
"Women will play a major role when the BJP is voted to power after the counting on March 11," he said.
The Minister said the party will have to groom non-controversial women candidates in each constituency ahead of the Assembly election.
Parrikar claimed 90 per cent of the silent voting was in favour of the BJP in Goa and this will be reflected in the final result.
Recommended For You
- Honor 7A First Impressions Review: A Great Offer at Rs 8,999
- Women's IPL: Lukewarm Response Overshadows Supernovas' Thrilling Victory
- BCCI vs CoA: Battle Heats Up as Officials Accuse Committee of Obstructing Lodha Reforms
- Bigg Boss: When Does Season 12 Premiere, Is Salman Khan Returning to Hosting Duties?
- Samsung Galaxy J6 First Impressions Review: Samsung's Premium Features in a Budget