Goa MLA Monserrate, Accused of Raping a Minor Girl, Gets Bail
Panaji: Goa MLA Atanasio "Babush" Monserrate, accused of raping a minor girl, has been granted bail. The girl's stepmother and another women identified as Rosy Ferros have also got the bail.
According to the police the minor girl was sold to Monserrate for Rs 50 lakh. The police remand copy revealed that the money trail is yet to be traced.
Monserrate, who has been booked under the POSCO Act, is accused of buying and raping a 16-year-old girl. The girl's stepmother and Rosy were also arrested for selling the victim to the St Cruz lawmaker for Rs 50 lakh.
However, Manserrate has denied the charges claiming them to be politically motivated.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- If Kangana Continues to Threaten Us, We Won't Let Her Walk Freely in Maharashtra: Karni Sena
- 'Posers and Lovers': Tahira Kashyap's Birthday Pics With Ayushmann Khurrana are Unmissable
- I'll Need to Understand What Went Wrong, But I'm not Afraid to Take Risks: Aanand L Rai on Zero
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s