Goa MLA Monserrate, Accused of Raping a Minor Girl, Gets Bail
Panaji: Goa MLA Atanasio "Babush" Monserrate, accused of raping a minor girl, has been granted bail. The girl's stepmother and another women identified as Rosy Ferros have also got the bail.
According to the police the minor girl was sold to Monserrate for Rs 50 lakh. The police remand copy revealed that the money trail is yet to be traced.
Monserrate, who has been booked under the POSCO Act, is accused of buying and raping a 16-year-old girl. The girl's stepmother and Rosy were also arrested for selling the victim to the St Cruz lawmaker for Rs 50 lakh.
However, Manserrate has denied the charges claiming them to be politically motivated.
Recommended For You
- Hindu Sena Writes to Piyush Goyal, Requests Him to Rename 'Tipu Express' to 'Ananth Express'
- Koffee with Karan 6: Saif Ali Khan Reveals Bedroom Stories, Sara her Man Crush
- Paris Call: Will Big Tech Companies And French President Macron be Able to Clean up The Internet?
- New Zealand Players Available for Full IPL Season
- Samsung Says They Will Manufacture More Than 1 Million Foldable Phones