Govind Nagar Election Results 2017: Satya Dev Pachauri of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Govind Nagar seat, constituency No. 212 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Satya Dev Pachauri of BJP has won the Govind Nagar seat, constituency No. 212 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Govind Nagar were Nirmal Tiwari (BSP), Satya Dev Pachauri (BJP), Ambuj Shikla (Congress), Raju Pal (RLD).
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) defeated the Congress (INC) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Satyadev Pachauri, the winning BJP candidate, got 57,156 votes. The nearest contender was Shailendra Dixit of Congress who got 44,779 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge