'Govt Working on Revival of BSNL,' MoS Telecom Sanjay Dhotre Tells Lok Sabha
Union minister of state for telecom Sanjay Dhotre also said the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is providing 2G, 3G and 4G (at few locations) mobile services in its Licensed Service Areas (LSAs).
File photo of the BSNL office.
New Delhi: The government is working for the revival of struggling PSU BSNL and its result could be seen soon, Union minister of state for telecom Sanjay Dhotre said in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Dhotre also said the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is providing 2G, 3G and 4G (at few locations) mobile services in its Licensed Service Areas (LSAs).
"The government is trying for the revival of the BSNL. You can see the results very soon," he said during the Question Hour.
Reports suggest that the total debt on BSNL is around Rs 15,000 crore and it is struggling to pay regular salary to its employees.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships