Gujarat Congress Website Hacked, Hardik's Picture from Purported Sex Tape Uploaded
In the photo, a person resembling Patel can be seen sitting on the bed with a girl and it is accompanied by a caption - 'Welcome our new leader'.
File photo of Hardik Patel.
Ahmedabad: Days after quota agitation leader Hardik Patel joined the Congress, an unidentified person hacked the official website of the Gujarat Congress and uploaded his photo, which appears to be a screenshot of one of his alleged sex videos that surfaced ahead of the 2017 polls.
In the photo, a person resembling Patel can be seen sitting on the bed with a girl and it is accompanied by a caption - "Welcome our new leader".
According to Gujarat Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi, the website, "http://www.gujaratcongress.in", was taken down immediately by the party's IT team after spotting the "mischief".
"Our website was hacked. Someone put a photo of Hardik Patel on it. We have shut down the website immediately. It will become online soon. This might be the handiwork of those who did not like Hardik's entry into the Congress," said Doshi, adding the party may file a police complaint.
Ahead of the December 2017 Assembly elections in Gujarat, around five videos, purportedly showing Patel with women, had surfaced on social media platforms.
The 25-year-old Patidar quota agitation spearhead had then claimed all the videos were "fake and morphed".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ramya Krishnan Looks Convincing as Jayalalithaa in Web Series Queen, See Poster
- This 'Marine Cemetery' in Kerala is Dedicated to Aquatic Life Killed By Plastic Pollution
- Instagram Will Verify How Old The New Users Are, But Age is Just a Number
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details
- Common Ground: BJP MP Manoj Tiwari and Congress Both Tweeted Images of US Ships on Indian Navy Day