Harish Rawat's Loss Total Rejection of His Leadership, Says BJP
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat lost one of the two seats he contested and trailed in the other, the BJP on Saturday said it was a complete rejection of his leadership.
Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat speaks to media persons. (File picture)
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat lost one of the two seats he contested and trailed in the other, the BJP on Saturday said it was a complete rejection of his leadership.
"While Rawat has lost by over 12,000 votes in Haridwar (rural) already, he is heading for a loss in Kiccha as well, though with a narrower margin. This is a complete rejection of his leadership," Pradesh BJP spokesman Munna Singh Chauhan said.
"People were totally disillusioned with Rawat government under whom corruption flourished like never before and they were desperately looking for change.
"Narendra Modi's style of leadership, his head-on approach towards dealing with corruption inspired confidence among the masses who voted overwhelmingly in favour of the BJP for a clean and accountable government," he said.
It was a vote against the Rawat government's non-performance, his arrogance and undemocratic approach, Chauhan said.
"It is going to be a historic triumph for the BJP which will win with a four-fifth majority," Chauhan said.
Recommended For You
- Iron Man Challenges Captain America and Hulk, TV Actress Harassed by 14 Drunken Men
- Avengers Endgame: Marvel Superheroes Will Build a New Infinity Gauntlet to Defeat Thanos?
- This Company Will Pay You Rs 69,000 to Binge Watch All MCU Movies Before Avengers Endgame Releases
- Delhi Crime Review: Netflix Show Successfully Presents a Different Point of View on Nirbhaya Case
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s